Pete Eurodance Comeback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pete Eurodance Comeback

Let's Bring Eurodance Back

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

L.A. Style

Go down 
AuthorMessage

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 6:26 pm

How do you like this classical Techno project from early 90s? I think Pete must really like their hit from 1991 - James Brown is Dead. It is ful of rap. At least Rap version of this song is. Smile

This is mostly addressed to Pete because he is such a fan of a rap in dance music but of course, everyone is welcome to tell their opinions about this Dutch classical Techno act, known as a L.A. Style. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete
PEC Creator & Admin
Pete

Male Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-09-26

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:42 pm

I like "James Brown is Dead" .... It has that 2 Unlimited famous style ... I still listen to these kinds of music sometimes .... it's so energetic & full of fantastic beats Smile

Back to top Go down
https://eurodancecomeback.forumotion.com

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 pm

If you like "James Brown is Dead" then I suggest you to check out "James Brown is Still Alive" too. That song is in similar style and like a response to original in lyrics. Smile

Yep, sounds similar to early songs of 2 Unlimited but I would rather say that it is L.A. Style's style because 2 Unlimited came little bit later and slowly turned closer to Eurodance than to classical Techno. But I have to agree that 2 Unlimited was far more popular and known in the dance music scene.

Also I can suggest you to listen to "U96 - Das Boot" - another Techno classic and I think my all time favorite in this genre but you might not like it because "Das Boot" does not feature rap. It is a more of a European style if we compare to L.A. Style which is very close to original American dance music.
Back to top Go down
Pete
PEC Creator & Admin
Pete

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:34 pm

2 Unlimited were much more successful by .... they were like the spark the ignited the whole eurodance scene ....

of course i know "Das Boot" & i don't like it much .... U96 in general are a bit wierd in Style & a bit flat to me ...
Back to top Go down

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Of course it's a matter of taste if you like U96 style or not. But I have to agree that U96 like all dance projcts of Alex Christensen has its own unique sounding what you call a bit weird. For example, when I first heard "Alex C feat Y-ass - Du Hast Den Schoensten Arsch Der Welt (first German version of "The Sweetest Ass In The World") on the radio then I didn't have to know who is the artist because it's unique sound momentarily made clear to me - this song has something to do with Alex Christensen. Smile

Last edited by Johny_JK on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete
PEC Creator & Admin
Pete

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Exactly .... U96 have their own style ..... but i generally didn't like their songs .... for instance .... Club Bizarre was really Bizarre for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Yep, Club Bizarre was not one of the best songs of U96 but Heaven (has nice looking vocalist too) or Seven Wonders are way better. Smile
But let's return to the topic. Smile How do you like I'm Raving by L.A. Style?
Back to top Go down
Pete
PEC Creator & Admin
Pete

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 8:26 am

Johny_JK wrote:
Smile How do you like I'm Raving by L.A. Style?

It's Okay but "James Brown is Still Alive" is much better for me ... "I'm Raving" is more like those monotone eurodance hits that were famous at those times .... I just liked the rap & the beat here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

L.A. Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Style   L.A. Style Empty

Back to top Go down

L.A. Style
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pete Eurodance Comeback :: Other Music Genres :: PEC - Other Music-
Jump to: