Pete Eurodance Comeback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pete Eurodance Comeback

Let's Bring Eurodance Back

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eurovision 2008

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Female Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:38 pm

It is coming Very Happy
Who are your favorites?

All the discussions are also here
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:41 pm

well i'm gonna start.
as it's a forum about ED, i should mention that E-Type is participating in Melodifestivalen'08, with Poodles, a band i don't know - Morino can tell us better as he lives in Sweden...
Back to top Go down
Morino
PEC Member
Morino

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Well I dont follow the "Melodifesten" since it has become more and more borig over the time, but from what i know "The poodles" are a hard rock band and they perform with E-type.

The song is not what I usuly listen to so I dont like it that much, and E-type has nothing to do in that song in my opinion.

Here is a link to the song if u would want to hear/see it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6hTRmOR-MM
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 pm

hard rock? well i don't wanna hear it no more then))) haha

at this time i'm much more worrying for serbian semifinals because one very very very talented man made the song for Elena Tomasevic, his name is Željko Joksimović and he is just awesome, and the song, Oro, is awesome too=) i'd like him to win it
Back to top Go down
Morino
PEC Member
Morino

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Ahh ye i know who that is, but Im not that intressted in Eurovision anymore it has become to boring for some reason.

The music sounds the same when they sing in English, wish every country could sing in its own language:D
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:43 pm

well i also like different languages. eurovision is partly boring, but every year i find some interesting songs to download...

Oro is in native, as you can guess. Yugoslavia always gives eurovision songs in native language...
Back to top Go down
Morino
PEC Member
Morino

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Ye im familiar with Yugoslavia and their choice of language, but I dont like many of their songs still, its too much sleezy love instead of real passion... hard to explain how I think, but i guess thats the closest thing to it.
And its not only Yugoslavia that has those sleezy love songs almost every song that is sung is about some sleezy love Razz

It ruins the fun of the show.
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 pm

heh heh i don't care about the sence of songs.
i just can say that i liked Boris Novković - Vukovi Umiru Sami... it wasn't sleezy love song... and Lane Moje by Željko because he has wonderful voice. Also loved last bulgarian song, Voda... and Hari Mata Hari's Lejla - though it was kind of that sleezy, it was written by my beloved Željko and hó always does music well...

Oh my i just remembered that poor boy from Macedonia, Toše Proeski... he died so young Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Morino
PEC Member
Morino

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Yeah, when he died it was on Bosnian tv for like 2 weeks, so no1 could miss it. Alltho he was a good singer i have to admit.
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 7:48 pm

i'm not especially fomd of his music, but he was so young, nice and talented... it's a big loss... i know it's no good but sometimes i wish it was someone else on his place..(
Back to top Go down
Morino
PEC Member
Morino

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Iv had that feeling before, but not with this person. Anyways im off topic now Sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Damn i was waiting for Beovisija but because of the things we all know well (political discussions are prohibited here hehe) they changed the date... =(
Some people say that Ani Lorañ will win but i heard her song today. No melody at all. I doubt she will.
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:35 pm

though nobody here seems to be interested in Eurovision i don't mind chatting with myself)))

i listened to all the participants many times and now i have some favorites... here are them

1 - Serbia
Jelena Tomašević - Oro

another song by Željko Joksimović, one of my favorite composers and singers... to my mind it is even better than serbian song of last year that won!

2 - FYR Macedonia
Tamara, Vrčak & Adrian Gaxha - Vo Ime Na Ljubovta (in the name of love)

I am simply in love with this song, with the rhythm and melody.... and yes, with Adrian and Vrcak both! Vrcak is macedonian rapper and i like the way he does very much...

3 - Ireland
Dustin - Irelande Douze Points

Without tha damn turkez it would be lovely eurodance!! with tzpical music and words!

4 - Latvia
Pirates of the sea - Wolves of the sea

Something between bubblegum and Rednex which is not surprising because swedish people made this song, and Sweden gave the world a lot of bubblegum and rednex too=)

I also liked Albania, San-Marino, Turkey and some others... actually it's a good year this time
Back to top Go down

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptySun May 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Hmm... As I see there are some people speaking about Eurovision then I would like to share my opinions about this show too.
I have not heard all of the participants because similarly to Morino, I am not very fond of the general style of songs heard in this show. All these love songs sounds too similar and too boring to me too. So I am not paying much attention to them before the show starts. Smile

But from what I have heard, my favorite number one is Bulgaria - Deep Zone and Dj Balthazar with their song Dj, Take Me Away. I was agreeably surprised when electro-breakbeat dance song like this one finally found its way to Eurovision. Something refreshing from that boring style of major part of songs in this show. I am not really sure how they will sound live, though, but lets hope for the best. You can check out their videoclip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=505ej2EAb9U

My second favorite would be their best turkey from Ireland. Very Happy He is very funny himself and in lyrics too. He is little bit ironically taking all that Eurovision show as a joke. To add to that, his song is sort of Eurodance. Smile

And the last favorite of Xenia is my own country, Latvia. It is a favorite of mine as well and not just because it is my native country. In difference with some other years when Latvia sent some really boring songs which didn't end up in high positions, this time I like that song too. Although I don't know if it will reach high positions. Reviews and comments about Pirates of the sea - Wolves of the sea are very converse - from very high to very low opinions about it, both in Latvia itself and in the other countries. I hope, all those who said that they like them will give their votes for them. Wink
And yes, this song is written by Swedes but none of the singers are Swedes. One is of Italian origin, though, they all 3 are from Latvia. I hope they will not end up last. Smile

Last edited by Johny_JK on Sun May 18, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xenia
PEC Moderator
Xenia

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 EmptySun May 18, 2008 7:59 pm

))yes you are SOOO right about past years of Latvia! Bonaparti were one of the worst entries EVER!!!!

btw i like bulgaria also.

my bottom is England, Moldova and Denmark. And also Estonia, Russia, Israel, Germany... a lot of shit there!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eurovision 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision 2008   Eurovision 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eurovision 2008
Page 1 of 1